Gateway essential features
- Identify target seller application (s) based on search request and ONDC registry and broadcast search to those meeting criteria.
Earn a margin on transactions and searches.
Domains that are live on ONDC
Steps to join ONDC
- ONDC organizes regular business and technical onboarding calls to help potential network participants understand the ONDC concept and the roles they can play on the network. Schedule for the same is as follows:-
- Business Onboarding Call - Tuesday (Weekly)
- Technical Onboarding Call - Friday (Fortnightly)
- Evaluate your role on the network as a buyer application, seller application or gateway and the domains you would like to participate in.
- Fill the Network Participant profile form to help us understand your business model and identify your organisational SPOCs.
Please write to [email protected] to get invites for the Business and Technical onboarding calls as well as the Network participant profile form.
The creation of an open network requires implementing multiple layers of infrastructure, each having its own specification. The specifications include core specifications, domain specific taxonomies, security and trust models, and an open certification specification. The ONDC Github repository is a single source collection of all tech-related information to equip you to get ONDC enabled quickly.
To access ONDC Github click here
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Will the registry be maintained by a central intermediary and will it be open to all platforms?
There is no intermediary in this open network. The gateway and registry are used only for search/ discovery. During a search, the gateway will broadcast the search, allow it to reach all seller platforms, and return responses relevant to the search context and list in the registry. This can subsequently be accessed by the buyer platform.
While the buyer and supplier can be on any platform, will their discoverability by another platform not require a central intermediary to connect the two?
The role of the registry and gateway does not extend beyond search. Post search, the order lifecycle are bilateral transactions between the buyer platform (where the purchase intent originated) and the selected seller platform. There is no intermediary and these transactions are dual digital signed encrypted.
Is the 2-way contact between the buyer and the seller without an intermediary?
The transaction ledger is decentralized at each node. A centralized transaction ledger will/ will not be maintained.
Who will break the search into multiple gateways?
It is up to the buyer platform. A search request will be routed to all the gateways.